It’s that time of year again. Black History Month -- when schools across America adorn their hallways with African-American icons and Civil Rights champions. When classrooms discuss Martin Luther King’s powerful “I Have a Dream” speech and appreciate the courage of Rosa Parks and others.
Sociology doesn’t receive much attention in high school. While students learn math, reading, history, science, physical education and art early in their education, sociology is typically not offered until junior or senior years of high school. Even then, it is only an elective. I was an uppe…
Communication technologies, especially social media, have made it possible for all of us, especially for those in power, to transmit ideas and information to billions of people around the world simultaneously and instantaneously. For the first time in human history, these technologies have c…
Follow The Times
Bob’s Custom Cycle Shop specializes in older Harley Bikes! Bri…
Pay for the removal of any dead or unhealthy tree, and we will…
We have many styles to choose from.
We do full body off, “rotisserie” restorations to NCRS specifi…
at Arthur Murray Indiana Dance Studio. Contact us at: 219-738-9041
- 1 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Police investigating shooting outside North Hammond Walmart
- 4 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 5 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
Should the county surveyor be elected or appointed?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm