DARLINGTON, S.C. | Jeff Gordon is proud he has reached 700 straight Sprint Cup starts. He's even prouder he has accomplished the feat while still near the top of the sport.
The concept of happy hour, when bars offer lower prices or two-for-one specials, may seem like an American tradition, but is in fact illegal or restricted in quite a few places.
There's snow on the ground in Londonderry, N.H., nearly 200 miles to the north of the still-raw slaughter at a Connecticut elementary school, and dad Eric Heenan found himself in a routine fuss with his 9-year-old son over boots.
SOUTH BEND | Both are redshirt freshmen. Both have led their teams to January bowls. Both are dangerous because they’re adept at eluding tacklers and extending plays.
The person behind one of the country's fastest-growing animal rescues can't even vote yet. And neither can most of the people leading its 10 chapters across the nation.
CARMEL | Marc Leishman remembers the nervous feeling as he stood over a short putt on the final hole of the BMW Championship. It was his first time in the FedEx Cup, and the stakes were so enormous that he had a hard time blocking out everything but getting the ball in the cup.
Sancheon White was so sure her first trip in the NCAA tournament would bring her home.
Times Media Co. Publisher Bill Masterson Jr. was appointed group publisher Wednesday within Lee Enterprises Inc., The Times' corporate parent. Masterson will oversee publications in Rapid City, S.D., Orangeburg, S.C., and Maysville, KY.
ATLANTA | Gene Chizik was still in his I'm-only-talking-about-the-game mode Friday, even though Cam Newton has been cleared to play by the NCAA.
Follow The Times
Call for a showing today!!
good through June 30, 2013. Improve Accessibility to Your Home…
We offer heavy 3/8 glass shower doors for your custom designed…
Behind the Scenes Railway Garden Tour - May 18th 10am - 12pm. Each experience is limited to 8 guests, so sign up quickly!
Davis Concrete Correctors is a locally owned and family operat…
- 1 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 4 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
- 5 Feds: Van Til indicted for using public employees, resources for campaign work
In Today's Paper
Should Congress enact a federal media shield law?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm