South Suburban Casino
INDIANAPOLIS | The leader of the Indiana Senate is considering how to help Hoosier casinos fight back against competition from other states, especially Illinois.
Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn on Tuesday vetoed legislation permitting new casinos in Chicago and the south suburbs that would have directly competed with Northwest Indiana's five lakefront casinos.
The fate of proposed casinos for Chicago and the south suburbs, and their potential to drain gamblers and local tax revenue away from Northwest Indiana, rests in the hands of Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn.
Follow The Times
Visit our website at: www.bednarauctions.com
When you come to Feikema Plumbing & Sanitation, you will r…
Come celebrate Polish Heritage Night on July 2nd at the White …
The NWI Times undercover shopper reports on local gold buying …
When you trust your home or business painting needs to Custom …
- 1 Police investigating shooting outside North Hammond Walmart
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 4 Police: M'ville officer shot attacker
- 5 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
Should all Indiana judges be chosen by a merit commission, the way they are in Lake and St. Joseph counties?
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Wingnuts in first early game of the season1 hour ago
- PREP BASEBALL: Roosevelt forfeits sectional game before postseason begins3 hours ago
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm