ST. JOHN | Rapid population growth during the last decade has nearly doubled the size of St. John, making it the fastest-growing community in Northwest Indiana. That’s also opened up opportunities for expanding commercial and retail businesses.
Over the past decade, St. John has experienced rapid population growth as the community has nearly doubled in size. St. John has made significant investments in infrastructure to accommodate this growth and position the town as an ideal location for expanding commercial and retail operations.
Steve Kil is St. John town manager.
ST. JOHN | Despite the announced closing of the Kmart along U.S. 41 in late December, St. John officials point to other encouraging economic news for this year.
Valparaiso Mayor Jon Costas said the One Region, One Vision initiative spurred cooperation among Northwest Indiana leaders.
Follow The Times
(219) 787-8600 www.lakeshoremotors.com
Galvanized steel is no longer an acceptable material for potab…
Spring will be here before you know it. Be ready to ride when …
- 1 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 4 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
- 5 Feds: Van Til indicted for using public employees, resources for campaign work
In Today's Paper
Should Congress enact a federal media shield law?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm