Back by popular demand is "Mommy's Little Piggy" mashed potato eating contest at the Indiana Welcome Center in Hammond which is part of "A Christmas Story Comes Home" exhibit and fesivities. The contest this year will take place this Saturday with registration at 10 a.m.
"Mommy's Little Piggy" mashed potato eating contest at the Indiana Welcome Center in 2011.
The Blue Dress Barn
Valerie and Tomas Medina, Three Oaks, Michigan
Jace Janeczko, 5, of Lowell, dons Ralphie's pink bunny costume in homage to "A Christmas Story" at the Indiana Welcome Center in Hammond for the 2010 Christmas Story Festival. Auditions are being held this week in Chicago for a new national stage tour.
Salina Ford, 2, listens to South Haven Library Youth Services Director Kathy Blackburn read "17 Kinds and 42 Elephants" during story time at the library.
South Haven Library Youth Services Director Kathy Blackburn, center, reads "17 Kings and 42 Elephants" on Tuesday to preschoolers.
Jane Geer, 2, pretends to be a lion Tuesday while fellow 2-year-old Salina Ford and South Haven Library Youth Services assistant Amanda Keoppen watch.
South Haven Library Youth Services assistant Amanda Koeppen pretends to be a lion with a mask Tuesday while 2-year-olds Salina Ford, center, and Jane Geer participate in the library story time.
Ian Petrella, left, who played Randy in the movie "A Christmas Story," judges the 8- to 12-year-old round of the Mommy's Little Piggy mashed potato-eating contest Sunday at the Indiana Welcome Center in Hammond.
Nathan Culic, 7, of Crown Point, raises his hand after winning the 4- to 7-year-old round of the Mommy's Little Piggy mashed potato-eating contest Sunday at the Indiana Welcome Center in Hammond.
Rob Gruener, of New Buffalo, Mich., goes face first into a plate of mashed potatoes during the adult round of the Mommy's Little Piggy contest Sunday at the Indiana Welcome Center in Hammond.
Follow The Times
Call Midwest Accounting, LLC today at 219-845-8615.
When you join our energy saver program, you save 15% off parts…
Our parties and special events feature: Clowns, Puppets, Story…
- 1 Police investigating shooting outside North Hammond Walmart
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 4 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 5 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
Should all Indiana judges be chosen by a merit commission, the way they are in Lake and St. Joseph counties?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm