VALPARAISO | The locations of Valparaiso's worst intersections for crashes doesn't change much from year to year, just the ranking, but city Engineering Director Tim Burkman hopes to see some change in four on U.S. 30.
VALPARAISO | Roundabouts still give some people a rash, but information provided by the city engineer's office shows Valparaiso's first roundabout is doing what officials hoped it would do.
VALPARAISO | The city is expanding its tax increment financing district to facilitate improvements to the U.S. 30 corridor and the remaining sections of Ind. 130 within the city.
VALPARAISO | The names stay pretty much the same. Only the order in which they appear changes each year for Valparaiso's list of the 10 most dangerous intersections.
VALPARAISO | It was a night for receiving awards and spending money at Monday's City Council meeting.
VALPARAISO | A plan for improving the appearance of the city's "front door" will be presented to the plan commission tonight.
VALPARAISO | The vision of the U.S. 30 corridor through Valparaiso is taking shape, and it could include a pedestrian bridge, towers, landscaping and open space to highlight Salt Creek -- rather than hiding it.
Follow The Times
We will bring your carpet back to life.
Call Stevenson & Fairchild OMS at (219) 462-9599 Valparais…
Come visit us at The Comfy Couch Today!
Hammond Fence represents honesty, integrity and competitive pricing!
- 1 Police investigating shooting outside North Hammond Walmart
- 2 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 3 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 4 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 5 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
Should the county surveyor be elected or appointed?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm