The election defeat of the effort to oust Republican Gov. Scott Walker of Wisconsin is significant for national politics, in particular the Midwest. Democratic nominee Tom Barrett, Milwaukee's mayor, faced Walker in a replay of their 2010 election contest.
On Super Tuesday, I said hello to Romney on behalf of everyone in Northwest Indiana and the South Suburbs. OK, so it wasn't presidential candidate Mitt Romney. It was the tiny town of Romney, Ind., and I didn't even stop.
All political junkies' eyes will be on Ohio tonight. The outcome of that Super Tuesday state's primary election could have ripples in Indiana.
INDIANAPOLIS | Voters in 10 states will go to the polls Tuesday for what may be the beginning of the end of the Republican presidential nominating contest.
Don't forget 'moderate' U.S. voters
Bring back the smoke-filled rooms, please. Without the smoke. Thoughtful deliberation by political insiders intent on winning the general election would produce far better candidates for president than the mass-media vetting process we use now.
Follow The Times
You work hard for all you have. A comfortable home. A car that…
Up to $160 when you make the purchase on the Goodyear Credit C…
Our mission is to help people manage the risks of everyday lif…
If you clicked on this, you probably have a house that you are…
Mobile Users – Click to Call: (219) 996-2981
- 1 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
- 4 Hammond man killed at party early Sunday
- 5 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
Do you cooperate with colleagues across the state line when working on a major regional project?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm