HEBRON | The Town Council voted Tuesday for an ordinance supporting the effort by Porter County Assessor Jon Snyder to remove the tax exempt status from the Misty Glen apartment complex.
LANSING | The Village Board next week may support a property tax break for a company wanting to expand operations to a nearby property that has been abandoned for two years.
Seniors eligible for either property tax exemption must meet the following requirements:
GARY | The Las Vegas-based group aiming to build a multimillion-dollar Jackson family megaplex has gotten another extension to become a nonprofit.
Paperwork and legal wrangling continue over a planned Michael Jackson-themed complex in Gary.
CROWN POINT | Lake County Surveyor George Van Til is defending his house's property tax exemption against an attack by a hostile neighbor.
Follow The Times
Your plumbing system can operate for decades without much worr…
Brag in your yard about the new arrival!
10% off when you mention this ad.
Our desire is for you to see our beautiful new homes with floo…
You create your own combination of delicious, soft-serve prem…
- 1 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 2 Police investigating shooting outside North Hammond Walmart
- 3 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 4 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 5 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
Should the county surveyor be elected or appointed?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm