Brandon Smith and his children Kyron Smith, 3, and Kiley Smith, 2, at his home Friday in Griffith. Smith has been in the middle of a dispute with county and state offices about child support he doesn't owe.
Brandon Smith's children Kyron Smith, 3, and Kiley Smith, 2, play Friday at his home in Griffith.
Like any sudden in-flow of cash, your tax refund presents an opportunity to spend your money wisely or foolishly.
INDIANAPOLIS | Two years of scrimping and saving by Indiana's state government soon will put more than $100 in the pockets of most Hoosiers.
HAMMOND | The federal government wants to shut down a Gary tax preparer who is accused of signing off on thousands of fraudulent returns involving possibly more than $35 million in lost revenue over at least three years.
INDIANAPOLIS | Indiana is $320 million richer after an audit found a business tax account whose revenue had not been transferred to the state's General Fund since 2007, due to a computer error.
SPRINGFIELD | Illinois may be five months and $7 billion behind in paying its vendors, service providers and hospitals, but that won't stop state taxpayers from promptly getting their income tax refunds.
GARY | Spending another day of waiting outside of an Instant Tax Service office in the city didn't bring Niyoka Artis any closer to her tax return money.
Follow The Times
Motorcraft brakes installed $49.95 after all rebates on most cars and trucks, front or rear axel, excludes machining rotors or drums.
See advisor for details, cannot be combined with any other spe…
Let’s get your life back under control!
Contact J & J Remodeling today at 219-769-3239 or 219-663-…
For nearly 60 years, Feikema Plumbing & Sanitation has bee…
Let’s get back to having a healthy body and a new you!
- 1 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Police investigating shooting outside North Hammond Walmart
- 4 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 5 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
Should the county surveyor be elected or appointed?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm