INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Indiana tax investigators say they have blocked $78 million in illegitimate income tax refunds from being collected.
INDIANAPOLIS | Indiana fell $5.2 million short of its July revenue target, ending a four-month streak of better than expected tax collections.
GARY | Mayor Karen Freeman-Wilson joined representatives from the Urban League of NWI, Former Mayor Richard M. Daley’s Office, the University of Chicago, and True Partners Consulting to discuss returning potentially millions of dollars to the citizens of Gary through the Earned Income Tax Credit.
LANSING | The Village Board gave its approval Tuesday to an intergovernmental agreement with the state of Illinois that would allow state tax refunds to be seized if people have unpaid fines or fees.
Follow The Times
- 1 Man loses job, goes to jail after Facebook comments targeting police
- 2 Four teens charged in killing at River Oaks Mall
- 3 Officials seek help ID'ing woman killed by semi on U.S. 30
- 4 Munster man expected to serve 11 years under OWI plea agreement
- 5 Trees, utility poles downed as storm slams region
We provide discounts for seniors and also offer free estimates…
Time to take control of your life!
Having trouble with your design? Our Designers can help. Call today to make an appointment with one of them
Give us a call today!
Berey Bros. can bring the shoe store to you! Our "Shoemobile" …
Should the Indiana attorney general's office compel all Lake County municipalities to merge E-911 dispatch services?