My never-a-better-time for live indoor entertainment guide, featuring an-imagined-1965-Dr. King-Malcolm X-meeting tonight at IUN; an eclectic symphony line-up for February 8th and a preview of Broadway-bound "Big Fish."---Pat Colander, Associate Publisher and Editor, Shore Magazine.
Last week I wrote about how the arts are important to a thriving community. This weekend Whiting will prove that point and hopefully you'll find time to attend one or all three of the "arty" events.
I got a distressing call from an old friend last night who was concerned about my health. Aside from actually feeling like 62, I thought I was fine.
Dunes Summer Theatre opened their season with "The Producers," the outrageously funny musical based on Mel Brooks' 1968 Academy Award-winning black and white cult classic film. If you like fast–paced dialogue, slapstick comedy, clever lyrics, pratfalls and sight gags, you'll love this show.
Follow The Times
Whether you already have a drawing in hand or only an idea in …
Need a tree removed? Cover the cost and we will trim other tr…
Stop by and check out our in store specials 20-40% off for a limited time on stunning fashion jewelry!
Call 322-2700 or 769-1976 for more details. www.albertsjewelers.com
- 1 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 4 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
- 5 Feds: Van Til indicted for using public employees, resources for campaign work
In Today's Paper
Should Congress enact a federal media shield law?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm