On New Year's Day, Indiana's four freshman members of the U.S. House voted against the so-called fiscal cliff deal. If the deal hadn't passed — and it did by a 257 to 167 margin — most middle class families would have seen their taxes go up somewhere in the $2,000- to $3,000-a-year range.
The Indiana congressional delegation has been bleeding seniority, a coveted asset in Capitol Hill.
Two elections this year are already yielding global change. The first occurred last March, when Vladimir Putin was returned to the Russian presidency. The second came two months later, when Hoosier Republican voters tossed out U.S. Sen. Dick Lugar in favor of Indiana Treasurer Richard Mourdock.
If you are an American – whether a Republican, Democrat or independent – Mitt Romney’s selection of House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan to the ticket is the best thing that could have happened in this critical campaign.
Susan Brooks’ 5th Congressional District campaign conducted internal polling in mid-April and the news was disheartening. She trailed the front-runner, former U.S. Rep. David McIntosh, by 20 points. Twenty points?
The U.S. housing market continues to tank. The Wall Street Journal reported last week that people have lost an average of 23 percent of their home values in the last nine years.
INDIANAPOLIS | So, what lessons should we take from Tuesday's election? Let me count the ways:
Follow The Times
We have been boarding our 2 dogs at Dutch Pet …
Have recent storms left your home looking like this??? Give S.…
at Brad's Designs and Jewelry! 219-663-5801.
We are a licensed, bonded, and insured business that provides …
Stop in today. 219-865-2300.
- 1 Roof blows off LOFS house, vehicles overturn during storm
- 2 Residents, officials surveying damage in wake of Wednesday night storms
- 3 Paula Cooper: Convicted of murder at 15, a Gary woman prepares for her 2013 release
- 4 Gary woman sentenced to die at 16 to be released from prison
- 5 Woman fatally stabbed in C.P. domestic dispute
Should Lake County have continued to pursue the trash-to-ethanol proposal?
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2011-12 Edition)June 17, 2013 5:06 pm
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Quebec, waiting out the rainJune 12, 2013 8:52 pm
- LIVE: RailCats hope to keep winning ways vs. QuebecJune 11, 2013 5:00 pm
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2012-13 edition)June 10, 2013 10:30 am