Tolleston High School
Even as new life is being breathed into the former Lake County Nurses' Home, the House of Tomorrow has been placed on the preservation group Indiana Landmarks' list of 10 most endangered places in Indiana. Gary's Union Station and other historical buildings similarly are threatened.
Last Friday afternoon, surrounded by dozens of kids, Mike Finissi, chief operating officer of NIPSCO, announced NIPSCO is matching the John W Anderson Foundation and the Dean and Barbara White Foundation each in donating $1 million to the capital campaign for development of a new Boys and Gi…
GARY | The news of a $1 million gift to help rebuild a former school into a new center for the Boys & Girls Clubs of Northwest Indiana proved overwhelming for Rose Joiner.
Jim Dailey remembers nearly every second, every basket and every whistle of the 1969 IHSAA state basketball state championship.
GARY | The historic election of the city's first black female mayor is expected to energize the ongoing effort to revive the Steel City.
The sadness that accompanied the closing of Tolleston High School in Gary a couple of years ago now can give way to joy. That property once more will serve children in Gary.
Follow The Times
Call Timeless Images Photography today at 219-934-9028. We can…
Robert Balash Trucking & Excavating
We have many styles to choose from.
Pete Doherty is an accomplished scenic photographer!
- 1 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 2 Police investigating shooting outside North Hammond Walmart
- 3 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 4 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 5 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
Should the county surveyor be elected or appointed?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm