INDIANAPOLIS | The effort to reform local government in Indiana, prompted in part by a 2007 bipartisan report that recommended eliminating townships and making other changes, appears headed for the dustbin of history.
CROWN POINT | The Lake County Council is poised to give two township assessors $112,000 over the objection of county Assessor Hank Adams.
INDIANAPOLIS | The Indiana Court of Appeals has rejected a challenge to a state law that eliminated most township assessor offices across the state.
Follow The Times
- 1 Calls of tiger on the loose in Gary prompt police search
- 2 Historical Blue Top Drive-In returns under new ownership
- 3 2 girls in critical condition, mom hospitalized after Hammond shooting
- 4 Cops: Help ID Highland Best Buy robbery suspect
- 5 Cops investigating Griffith man's death after fight with friends
Get That Home Remodeling Project Done Before the Holidays. Call K's Construction & Roofing Today 219-405-5146
Call K's Construction for you roofing, siding and remodeling needs.
At Northwest Indiana Martial Arts Academy in Schererville we offer a certified bully defense program. Contact us today to sign up for classes! (219) 595-7365
Click Here to learn more about "The Bully Expert"
When it comes to making women and their health concerns a top …
Get ready for some old-fashioned fun!
Does the state do enough to cultivate economic growth in Northwest Indiana?