It has been more than a week since members of a Merrillville-based union went on strike following an impasse in contract negotiations with local contractors.
Leon Lynch, a longtime union labor activist who started his career as a steelworker in East Chicago and was the first African-American to hold a senior-level position in a U.S. labor union, died Friday. He was 76 and died in Memphis, Tenn.
PORTAGE | There are three things that equalize people in this nation — our form of government, "Sam Colt's pistol" and labor unions, Councilman Ted Uzelac said.
The Indiana General Assembly's 2012 session will be fraught with risk for Democrats and Republicans alike. At some point, lawmakers will have to vote on right-to-work legislation, and those votes will carry political consequences.
Indiana does not need to become the nation's 23rd "right-to-work" state.
Current and outgoing Northwest Indiana labor union officials say recent leadership changes signal a call for younger generations of workers to be involved in advocacy efforts.
City of Gary employee Antoine Brown worries about the American Dream becoming unattainable for many families.
The impact of labor unions often is seen as uniform over history. But today, labor cartels are less useful because labor markets are more competitive. And it is increasingly difficult for unions to achieve their goals because product markets have become far more competitive.
Follow The Times
Cover the cost of the tree removal and we will do $100 worth o…
Pools 'n' Spas 'n' Stuff, Inc. Has The Experience You Want!
Stop in and visit Lightning Fireworks today!
Lawn Doctor’s Maintainer Care is designed to protect trees (le…
- 1 Roof blows off LOFS house, vehicles overturn during storm
- 2 Residents, officials surveying damage in wake of Wednesday night storms
- 3 Paula Cooper: Convicted of murder at 15, a Gary woman prepares for her 2013 release
- 4 Gary woman sentenced to die at 16 to be released from prison
- 5 Woman fatally stabbed in C.P. domestic dispute
Should Lake County have continued to pursue the trash-to-ethanol proposal?
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2011-12 Edition)June 17, 2013 5:06 pm
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Quebec, waiting out the rainJune 12, 2013 8:52 pm
- LIVE: RailCats hope to keep winning ways vs. QuebecJune 11, 2013 5:00 pm
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2012-13 edition)June 10, 2013 10:30 am