PORTAGE | Two people were arrested early Saturday after police say a 911 call was made with a hoax in an attempt to avoid a traffic citation.
PORTAGE | A Valparaiso man was apparently in a hurry to head to the altar Saturday night -- but he didn't quite make it.
PORTAGE | There likely won't be a four-way stop at the Airport and Robbins roads intersection any time soon.
PORTAGE | The city's traffic commission held its first meeting of the year Thursday short one member.
INDIANAPOLIS | The Indiana Court of Appeals has overturned a Lafayette man's conviction for possession of cocaine, ruling that a Lake County sheriff's detective unreasonably detained the man following a traffic stop.
INDIANAPOLIS | The Macquarie Group, a co-operator of the Indiana Toll Road and Chicago Skyway, has increased its offer price to purchase Redflex, the operator of red light cameras in Chicago and several south suburbs.
A profanity-laden Facebook page with more than 10,000 fans is perhaps the best indication some Chicago drivers aren't exactly smiling over the city's red-light cameras.
As the not-so-proud recipient of two red-light tickets, 63-year-old Barbara Ross will be the first to tell you that receiving the $100 citations in the mail isn't particularly enjoyable.
PORTAGE | A second private community has agreed to allow Portage police to patrol its streets.
CHICAGO | Beginning Saturday, motorists prone to a lead foot will feel a tighter grip from the long arm of the law.
SPRINGFIELD | Two laws aimed at limiting the use of cell phones while driving have resulted in nearly 7,800 motorists being pulled over by the Illinois State Police this year.
PORTAGE | The city and owners of Port Crossing Apartments have reached an agreement to increase police presence in the complex.
PORTAGE | City officials have begun investigating limiting truck traffic on city streets.
Follow The Times
Need to settle an ESTATE? Call Bednar Auction Service for rea…
Pools 'n' Spas 'n' Stuff, Inc. Has The Experience You Want!
The Free Spirit Church and Wedding Chapel is located in downto…
You don't have to be treated bad to get a great deal. Com…
(219) 787-8600 www.lakeshoremotors.com
- 1 Roof blows off LOFS house, vehicles overturn during storm
- 2 Residents, officials surveying damage in wake of Wednesday night storms
- 3 Paula Cooper: Convicted of murder at 15, a Gary woman prepares for her 2013 release
- 4 Gary woman sentenced to die at 16 to be released from prison
- 5 Woman fatally stabbed in C.P. domestic dispute
Should Lake County have continued to pursue the trash-to-ethanol proposal?
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2011-12 Edition)June 17, 2013 5:06 pm
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Quebec, waiting out the rainJune 12, 2013 8:52 pm
- LIVE: RailCats hope to keep winning ways vs. QuebecJune 11, 2013 5:00 pm
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2012-13 edition)June 10, 2013 10:30 am