Last month, Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle and her Council of Economic Advisers released the “Partnering for Prosperity” report, which lays out a clear economic growth action agenda for Cook County.
"We are competitive."
Northwest Indiana has been shaped and continues to be sustained by transportation.
Why would mayors around the state support mass transit legislation that only affects central Indiana residents?
Robert Comer, Hammond | "Bettering the roads and the school system. Beautification projects and tearing down old abandoned buildings."
For Northwest Indiana, the choice for governor this year should be easy.
Even as the Midwest continues work on preparing a high-speed rail network, Amtrak is proposing to discontinue service between Chicago and Indianapolis because of federal penny-pinching.
The direct connection between the Indiana Toll Road and the Borman Expressway needs to be made safer but not eliminated.
Democrat John Gregg and Republican Mike Pence, both running for governor, both said to Northwest Indiana audiences Aug. 24 that the primary focus now should be on jobs. And each is right.
The Indiana Department of Transportation has offered $10 million in spare change to help replace an aging toll bridge over the Wabash River in New Harmony. So why is that news in Northwest Indiana? Because the bridge situation here is anything but harmonious.
CHICAGO | Residents of the neighborhoods on the city's Southeast Side had better get used to road construction and detours, because it is going to be a part of the area's character for the next several years.
I figure, if a meteor, you know, a small one, were expected to collide with Kokomo soon, destroying most of the state but not any of our neighbors, our state Legislature would respond with lightning speed to form a study committee to spend five years assessing the problem and trying to come …
Indiana should follow U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood's advice and get its act together on high-speed rail.
Northwest Indiana should seize the major economic development opportunity created by the prospect of a massive tax increase in Illinois.
Follow The Times
Contact dealer for details. (219) 922-3100 BosakHonda.com
or go to www.meyersgriffith.com
Stop in today. 219-865-2300.
Includes: Dental Exam, Bitewing X-ray, Check-up X-ray, Oral Ca…
- 1 Paula Cooper: Convicted of murder at 15, a Gary woman prepares for her 2013 release
- 2 Woman fatally stabbed in C.P. domestic dispute
- 3 Gary woman sentenced to die at 16 to be released from prison
- 4 Substance in Lake Michigan draws rangers, fire department to lakeshore
- 5 Lowell man critically injured in crash
Should Indiana conduct a study of library operations?
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2011-12 Edition)June 17, 2013 5:06 pm
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Quebec, waiting out the rainJune 12, 2013 8:52 pm
- LIVE: RailCats hope to keep winning ways vs. QuebecJune 11, 2013 5:00 pm
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2012-13 edition)June 10, 2013 10:30 am