Unemployment Insurance Fund
In his first State of the State address in 2005, Gov. Mitch Daniels announced, “Our state’s public finances are in ruins.” Unaware of the coming recession, he made four promises to citizens: To work to strengthen the economy, make government leaner and more efficient, modernize infrastructur…
INDIANAPOLIS | Indiana is steadily reducing its unemployment insurance debt, but Hoosier businesses will continue paying an increasing annual penalty through at least 2014 as punishment for the state's unemployment fund shortfall.
INDIANAPOLIS | An increase in Indiana's employer-paid unemployment insurance premiums has enabled the state to begin paying interest on its massive unemployment debt to the federal government.
INDIANAPOLIS | Hoosier businesses cannot create subsidiaries consisting essentially of the original company in order to reduce their unemployment insurance tax rate, the Indiana Supreme Court ruled Friday.
Despite all the strife that threatens to turn the current session of the Indiana General Assembly into a train wreck, some good already has been done. A solution to Indiana's bankrupt unemployment insurance fund has been approved.
Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels discusses a bill signed into law Feb. 24 that will bring Indiana's unemployment insurance trust fund back into structural balance in two years.
Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels laid out an aggressive agenda for change Tuesday and gave a rousing pep talk to the Indiana General Assembly. His impatience in his State of the State Address mirrors ours.
Follow The Times
Now Is the Time To Update Your Kitchen. Call Midwest Remodeling, Windows & Doors & Get 30% Off Your Kitchen Remodeling Project
Call Now and Save 30%. Call Cecil for details. Offer ends 06…
Includes: Dental Exam, Bitewing X-ray, Check-up X-ray, Oral Ca…
Call today for details! 219-763-4247
or go to www.meyersgriffith.com
Learn about less invasive options. http://www.comhs.org/all_cl…
- 1 Roof blows off LOFS house, vehicles overturn during storm
- 2 Residents, officials surveying damage in wake of Wednesday night storms
- 3 Paula Cooper: Convicted of murder at 15, a Gary woman prepares for her 2013 release
- 4 Gary woman sentenced to die at 16 to be released from prison
- 5 Woman fatally stabbed in C.P. domestic dispute
Should Lake County have continued to pursue the trash-to-ethanol proposal?
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2011-12 Edition)June 17, 2013 5:06 pm
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Quebec, waiting out the rainJune 12, 2013 8:52 pm
- LIVE: RailCats hope to keep winning ways vs. QuebecJune 11, 2013 5:00 pm
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2012-13 edition)June 10, 2013 10:30 am