INDIANAPOLIS | Attorney General Greg Zoeller sympathizes with state lawmakers who want to take an extraordinary step to rein in the power of the federal government.
INDIANAPOLIS | The Indiana National Guard felt the first pinch Monday as federal budget cuts known as the sequester began to take their toll on Hoosiers.
INDIANAPOLIS | The coalition of Indiana labor unions will hold a candlelight vigil Monday outside the Merrillville office of U.S. Rep. Pete Visclosky, D-Merrillville, to call attention to the ongoing "fiscal cliff" debate in Congress.
INDIANAPOLIS | The U.S. Supreme Court may be done dealing with Obamacare (for now), but the U.S. Congress is just getting (re-)started.
INDIANAPOLIS | U.S. Rep. Mike Pence, the Republican candidate for Indiana governor, repeatedly apologized Thursday after likening the U.S. Supreme Court's health care ruling to the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks that killed 2,996 people.
CHICAGO | U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr.'s office announced Monday in a news release that the congressman has been on a medical leave of absence since June 10 and is being treated for exhaustion.
INDIANAPOLIS | U.S. Sen. Dan Coats, R-Ind., called Thursday for U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder to resign, one day after a Republican-controlled U.S. House committee voted on party lines to declare Holder in contempt of Congress for refusing to share documents about a gun-trafficking opera…
INDIANAPOLIS | U.S. Sen. Dick Lugar leads State Treasurer Richard Mourdock by 7 points in a new survey of Indiana Republicans ahead of the May 8 primary election.
CHICAGO | Two Republican congressmen became visibly emotional Thursday during a federal court hearing over a new congressional map drawn by Democrats, and a third declared the plan "a legislative drive-by shooting."
Follow The Times
Not valid with any other offer or promotion
Call us today and we’ll fix the leak in your home!
With over 30 years in the business, fully insured,
Kempo Jujutsu Martial Arts Academy is not just another martial…
We provide service at your convenience with our secure web por…
- 1 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 4 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
- 5 Feds: Van Til indicted for using public employees, resources for campaign work
In Today's Paper
Should Congress enact a federal media shield law?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm