The common cold and flu are caused by different viruses but can have some similar symptoms, making them tough to tell apart. In general, the flu is worse and symptoms are more intense.
Health officials on Monday said suspected flu cases have jumped in five Southern states, and the primary strain circulating tends to make people sicker than other types.
A movement spreading across Illinois is creating a health care revolution for refugees from countries including Burma, Bhutan and Iraq.
As flu season approaches, germs are spreading faster than holiday cheer. Traveling through a highly populated place, such as an airport, raises the risk of contracting the seasonal flu.
The immunization rates are higher for Indiana teens because of school public health requirements, which is good news. Public health will be improved as a result.
NORTHWEST INDIANA | Northwest Indiana Community Action Corp., 5240 Fountain Drive, is distributing free flu shot vouchers in partnership with the American Lung Association and the Indiana State Department of Health.
CHICAGO | Nearly one out of six students in Chicago Public Schools did not meet vaccine or physical examination requirements as of Oct. 14, according to documents obtained by Medill News Service.
Lake and Porter counties have seen double-digit numbers of cases of pertussis in a year that's seen the state's largest outbreak of the illness since the 1950s.
In complaining about the state's immunization database, a parent in St. John Township inadvertently showed precisely why such a registry should exist.
What if your healthy, playful child, grandchild, niece or nephew suddenly died of a serious disease like pertussis (or whooping cough)? What if the death could have been prevented if those around him or her had been vaccinated? What would you do and how would you feel?
Follow The Times
$20.00 Coupon for any service. Call today!
Our expertise can definitely help you. 219-932-5818
Call S.T.A. Construction today!
Call Stevenson & Fairchild OMS at (219) 462-9599 Valparais…
MMEDIATE quality medical care from highly skilled physicians. We are the PINNACLE for non-urgent treatment
of : Back Pain, Burns, Colds, Concussions, Coughs, Dehydr…
- 1 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
- 4 Hammond man killed at party early Sunday
- 5 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
Do you cooperate with colleagues across the state line when working on a major regional project?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm