INDIANAPOLIS | State lawmakers would be required to examine the future of the South Shore Line and its operating board under legislation approved Monday by the Indiana Senate.
Martin Sensenbaugh loved being a musician, and enjoyed sharing his love of music with others, said his son, Jeff MacLeod-Sensenbaugh.
CHICAGO | The Horizon League baseball tournament is shaping up quite nicely for Valparaiso.
PORTAGE | Tennis sectional favorites Chesterton and Valparaiso took care of business quickly on Wednesday.
Toni Washington, of Creative Expressions, sells a light-up ponytail holder to Dee Malayter, of Merrillville, on Saturday at Shipshewana on the Road at the Porter County Expo Center in Valparaiso.
VALPARAISO | Valparaiso Nazarene Church will put a new twist on an old, familiar story.
VALPARAISO | After getting a head start on the 2011-12 season, Valparaiso women's basketball coach Keith Freeman had a simple assessment regarding the current Crusaders.
County Line Orchard's "Blues and BBQ at The Barn" will have visitors treating their taste buds to barbecue sauce–soaked sausage, ribs, brisket and chicken, while their ears are treated to the equally sweet and tangy sounds of The Head Honchos and other top talents.
Valparaiso High School teacher Brighitte Snemis talks about the Socks for Soldiers donation program she headed with junior Michael Speckhard. The program collected 1,400 items such as toothbrushes and socks that will end up in care packs.
Valparaiso High School teacher Brighitte Snemis and junior Michael Speckhard stand over a small collection of items they collected in the Socks for Soldiers donation drive. The program will provide hygiene supplies to troops.
Valparaiso High School teacher Brighitte Snemis inspired junior Michael Speckhard to start the Socks for Soldiers program, collecting toiletries and clothes to give to troops overseas.
Follow The Times
When you trust your home or business painting needs to Custom …
Elaine Morris has over 25 years of experience with Allstate
We provide U-Haul rentals along with automotive services including:
Winey Insurance is an independent insurance agency established…
Contact Pools 'n' Spas 'n' Stuff, Inc. today at 219-980-0882. …
- 1 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 4 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
- 5 Feds: Van Til indicted for using public employees, resources for campaign work
In Today's Paper
Should Congress enact a federal media shield law?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm