Although we’re unlikely to reverse climate change and its extreme weather patterns, we can mitigate its effects by reducing our driving, energy use and meat consumption.
When the weather gives you a chill, I say make chili! It is the perfect one-pot meal for fall and winter. And the best thing about it is that it gets better with time, so it is the perfect make-ahead meal.
In a country known for its love of the fast-food hamburger and a thick, juicy steak, something strange has been happening of late: People are eating less meat.
As long as you choose your foods wisely and eat well-balanced meals, living a vegetarian lifestyle can be a very healthy choice.
"One of the biggest misconceptions about vegetarians is that they can't possibly be healthy," said Vandana Sheth, a Los Angeles-based registered dietitian and lifelong vegetarian. "But it's entirely possible to get all the essential nutrients our bodies need from a plant-based diet."
Follow The Times
Here in Valparaiso, there are undoubtedly many of us who are l…
Call Precise Accounting & Tax Service today at 219-845-54…
Must be a valid, current offer. Please present coupon at …
Dr. David M. Smith has 25 years of experience!
Call today to learn more.
- 1 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Police investigating shooting outside North Hammond Walmart
- 4 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 5 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
Should the county surveyor be elected or appointed?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm