INDIANAPOLIS | State Rep. Mara Candelaria Reardon, D-Munster, will continue fighting for legislation awarding free college tuition to the children of all disabled veterans, despite a warning by a top House Republican that her proposal is too costly.
VALPARAISO | Learn about available veterans benefits at 6 p.m. March 7 at Rittenhouse Senior Living of Valparaiso, 1300 Vale lPark Road. Wartime veterans or their surviving spouses may be eligible for significant income from the Department of Veterans Affairs.
CROWN POINT | The new Crown Point Community Library, 122 N. Main St., is a great place to spend a winter afternoon or evening - there's a variety of regular programs and special events and activities to keep tots to grandparents busy, as well as plenty of reading material and computers to di…
Suddenly, it is almost election day. This year, the only contested race in the city of Hobart is the 2nd District City Council seat election, which includes precincts 4, 5, 10, 18, 20 and 21.
Mike Adams gave his last message as president of Hobart Kiwanis Club at this month's meeting.
CROWN POINT | Local veterans gathered last week for a complimentary roast beef dinner hosted by Geisen Funeral, Cremation & Reception Centre in honor of Veterans Day. "We had an overwhelming response, 70 veterans attended," said Jean Lahm, event coordinator for Geisen.
Northwest Indiana Symphony Orchestra will present "America's Soundtrack - A Salute to Veterans" at 7:30 p.m. Veteran's Day, Nov. 11 at the Star Plaza Theater, 800 E. 81st Ave. in Merrillville.
Follow The Times
Not valid with any other offer or promotion
Call us today and we’ll fix the leak in your home!
With over 30 years in the business, fully insured,
Kempo Jujutsu Martial Arts Academy is not just another martial…
We provide service at your convenience with our secure web por…
- 1 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 4 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
- 5 Feds: Van Til indicted for using public employees, resources for campaign work
In Today's Paper
Should Congress enact a federal media shield law?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm