INDIANAPOLIS | Hoosiers soon may be forced to pay a "convenience fee" when using a credit or debit card to pay municipal or utility charges under a new law signed by Republican Gov. Mike Pence.
INDIANAPOLIS | The creation of a Lake County veterans court by the General Assembly may take at least another year after a Senate committee stripped the provision from an Indiana House bill.
INDIANAPOLIS | State lawmakers are seeking a different funding source for a proposed Lake County veterans court after a plan to pay for the program with drug use prevention funds was met by spirited opposition in an Indiana Senate committee Wednesday.
INDIANAPOLIS | The Indiana House voted 91-1 Wednesday to send the Senate legislation that could lead to the creation of a Lake County veterans court.
INDIANAPOLIS | Lake County could be home to Indiana's sixth veterans court after the House on Monday approved a funding plan recommended by state Rep. Mara Candelaria Reardon, D-Munster.
Judge Julia Jent has asked me several times to attend her Veterans Court at the Porter County Annex in Portage. What an unbelievable experience to share with others.
VALPARAISO | A Valparaiso woman, who said she served 10 months in Iraq with the Army, is on her way to becoming the first female to take part in the county's veterans treatment court.
PORTAGE | Friends and family gathered to see five veterans graduate from the Veterans Treatment Court on Friday.
Follow The Times
Now Is the Time To Update Your Kitchen. Call Midwest Remodeling, Windows & Doors & Get 30% Off Your Kitchen Remodeling Project
Call Now and Save 30%. Call Cecil for details. Offer ends 06…
(888) 539-1875 southlakeautomall.com
Learn about less invasive options. http://www.comhs.org/all_cl…
Lisa Rankin, M.D. will speak on "Mind Over Medicine: Scientific Proof You Can Heal Yourself" at annual symposium.
Call 322-2700 or 769-1976 for more details. www.albertsjewelers.com
- 1 Roof blows off LOFS house, vehicles overturn during storm
- 2 Residents, officials surveying damage in wake of Wednesday night storms
- 3 Paula Cooper: Convicted of murder at 15, a Gary woman prepares for her 2013 release
- 4 Gary woman sentenced to die at 16 to be released from prison
- 5 Woman fatally stabbed in C.P. domestic dispute
In Today's Paper
Do you calll the police when you suspect a possible crime?
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2011-12 Edition)June 17, 2013 5:06 pm
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Quebec, waiting out the rainJune 12, 2013 8:52 pm
- LIVE: RailCats hope to keep winning ways vs. QuebecJune 11, 2013 5:00 pm
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2012-13 edition)June 10, 2013 10:30 am