Anna Riggs, a Munster Girl Scout, reads the names of the 11 Civil War veterans honored Sunday during a ceremony at Oak Hill Cemetery in Hammond. Riggs also spoke about her troop's efforts to computerize burial records at the once-troubled cemetery.
A ceremony Sunday at Oak Hill Cemetery in Hammond included the dedication of 11 new Civil War veteran headstones installed there in the past 18 months as part of the South Shore Civil War Memorial Trail historical preservation and tourism initiative.
Flag bearers from the 20th Indiana Infantry Company B re-enactment group participate in a Veterans Day ceremony Sunday at Hammond's Oak Hill Cemetery.
Re-enactors from the 20th Indiana Infantry Company B living history group participate Sunday in a Veterans Day ceremony at Hammond's Oak Hill Cemetery. The event honored all region veterans and included the dedication of 11 new Civil War veteran headstones installed at the cemetery in the pa…
Follow The Times
- 1 Roof blows off LOFS house, vehicles overturn during storm
- 2 Paula Cooper: Convicted of murder at 15, a Gary woman prepares for her 2013 release
- 3 Residents, officials surveying damage in wake of Wednesday night storms
- 4 Gary woman sentenced to die at 16 to be released from prison
- 5 Woman fatally stabbed in C.P. domestic dispute
Should Lake County have continued to pursue the trash-to-ethanol proposal?
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2011-12 Edition)June 17, 2013 5:06 pm
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Quebec, waiting out the rainJune 12, 2013 8:52 pm
- LIVE: RailCats hope to keep winning ways vs. QuebecJune 11, 2013 5:00 pm
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2012-13 edition)June 10, 2013 10:30 am