Violence Against Women Act
When the Violence Against Women Act was signed into law Thursday, it was hailed as a victory for victims of domestic abuse. It does help, but it isn't the only thing victims need.
Congress on Thursday passed a more ambitious version of the Violence Against Women Act, sending the measure to President Barack Obama, who said he would sign the bill "as soon as it hits my desk."
Follow The Times
- 1 Region doctor, children killed in I-65 crash
- 2 Feds: Lake Station mayor gambled away campaign, food pantry cash
- 3 Babysitter admits to beating 4-year-old boy
- 4 Suburban man shot in home invasion after win at Horseshoe casino
- 5 Lake Station mayor, wife, stepdaughter plead not guilty to corruption charges
Hammond Fence represents honesty, integrity and competitive pricing!
Heating your pool is a wise investment as it increases its val…
Details to be announced soon!
Weddings by Rev. Doug Klukken will perform your wedding to you…
Should school boards restrict public comment at meetings?