VALPARAISO | The future of water and, indeed, the future of life in Valparaiso and the rest of the planet is a combination of finding an adequate supply, conserving water to make the supply last and restoring the infrastructure needed to bring the water to homes and businesses.
Commode, can, the Oval Office, and the Super Bowl. Throne, pot, loo, John. The royal flush.
Editor's note: This is the sixth in a weeklong series of articles for National Drinking Water Week on the importance of preserving and conserving water.
The old Bing Crosby standard "Pennies from Heaven" reminds us that rain falling from the sky is valuable and that clouds and showers now lead to sunshine and flowers later. The song recommends turning your umbrella upside down to catch this treasure.
Don Engelhardt makes his living selling toilet water, but it isn't the fancy French stuff he's pushing. Engelhardt serves as event coordinator for American Standard, which brought its Responsible Bathroom Water Conservation Tour to Leep's Supply in Merrillville last week.
As populations grow and fresh water demand increases, ways to use water more efficiently could determine our existence.
VALPARAISO | How can using less water be a bad thing?
Follow The Times
Receive up to a 100$ value of tree trimming for free with the …
Now is the time to save BIG money on vinyl replacement windows
Is your sink leaking? Call Access A Plumber 24/7
Ends June 18th. 1-800-WITH-AN-E smithe.com
Call for details. Not valid with any other offer. 219-931-323…
- 1 Roof blows off LOFS house, vehicles overturn during storm
- 2 Residents, officials surveying damage in wake of Wednesday night storms
- 3 Paula Cooper: Convicted of murder at 15, a Gary woman prepares for her 2013 release
- 4 Gary woman sentenced to die at 16 to be released from prison
- 5 Woman fatally stabbed in C.P. domestic dispute
In Today's Paper
Do you calll the police when you suspect a possible crime?
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2011-12 Edition)June 17, 2013 5:06 pm
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Quebec, waiting out the rainJune 12, 2013 8:52 pm
- LIVE: RailCats hope to keep winning ways vs. QuebecJune 11, 2013 5:00 pm
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2012-13 edition)June 10, 2013 10:30 am