Indiana State Police and federal inspections of heavy trucks in Lake and Porter counties have resulted in more than a quarter of those trucks being taken out of service for serious safety violations. Yet there are few inspectors on the job.
A Crown Point man, likely distracted by commotion on the highway, slams his SUV into the back of a semitrailer more than 13 times heavier than his vehicle.
Master Motor Carrier Inspector Scott Fleming with the Indiana State Police explains how fatigue plays a factor in semi-truck related accidents.
Follow The Times
- 1 2 injured in crash on U.S. 6 in Jackson Township
- 2 This bites: Emerging breed of mosquito is more aggressive
- 3 Task force releases details in fatal shooting of M'ville officer
- 4 Tri-Creek, Crown Point, Merrillville schools close Monday to accommodate funeral traffic
- 5 Gaucho's Brazilian Steakhouse to return
Click to visit our website and start booking your vacation now!
Let us help you Be Your Very Best" today by giving you the tools to control your Stress, regain motivation and be in control of your life. Call us at 219-663-3900
Time to take control of your life for 2014!
We'll put your mind at ease by offering one of the best warranties for your new floor with the Abbey 60-Day Satisfaction Guarantee.
Stop in and see us today!
Call your Owens Corning Preferred Contractor for your total roof replacement! Schedule your free estimate today! 219-476-3698
Bennett Roofing is your Owens Corning Preferred Contractor. We…
Would you welcome a talk with a police officer in your neighborhood?