West Nile Virus
A LaPorte man who contracted West Nile virus last summer has died.
A LaPorte man is fighting to survive after contracting West Nile virus.
The number of people infected with West Nile virus nationally is at an all-time high, but only two cases of the mosquito-borne illness have been reported in Lake County so far this year, according to the Lake County Health Department, which oversees most of the county.
Cases of mosquitoes infected with the West Nile virus now have been reported in Lake, Porter and LaPorte counties.
SPRINGFIELD, Ill. | West Nile virus is striking people earlier than usual this year in Illinois, and health officials say the number of cases now stands at six.
The first West Nile-infected mosquitoes of this year in Northwest Indiana have been found in Griffith.
INDIANAPOLIS | Mosquitoes in Orange County have tested positive for West Nile virus, state health officials announced Thursday.
With all the rain we've been having, it's not too much of a surprise that the bloodsuckers are out in full force. And I don't mean vampires. Yes, it's mosquito season out there.
Follow The Times
Established in 1997, Forest Ridge Family Dentistry is a genera…
When you trust your home or business painting needs to Custom …
Come celebrate Polish Heritage Night on July 2nd at the White …
You can rest easy while Cleaning Maid Easy helps you get your …
Flamingos Available to fill your yard!
- 1 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 4 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
- 5 Feds: Van Til indicted for using public employees, resources for campaign work
In Today's Paper
Should Congress enact a federal media shield law?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm