Whats Right With The Region
There are a number of things that make Griffith a great place to live, work or visit.
Cedar Lake is both the literal and figurative center of our community. While this presents several unique challenges for planners, it also presents exciting opportunities for a community to thrive at the intersection of sustainability and economic development.
Lake Station's new water treatment plant, shown in this rendering by American Structurepoint, is part of a city plan to improve drinking water quality. The plant is expected to be in full operation in 2014.
It's easy to get in a rut and lose sight of the diversity of Northwest Indiana's communities that makes this a special place to work, live and play. We plan to help open your eyes and boost your civic pride.
When I tell people Chesterton has an economic development philosophy of smart growth, they ask me what smart growth means. Smart growth means we don’t rush into building the town or bringing in a development without really looking it over.
Follow The Times
FOR 10K-14K-18K PLATINUM Call 924-3555
Come visit us at The Comfy Couch Today!
Call Secret's Loving Care Adult Day Service @ 219-201-1451
Flamingos Available to fill your yard!
Call Stevenson & Fairchild OMS at (219) 462-9599 Valparais…
- 1 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 4 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
- 5 Feds: Van Til indicted for using public employees, resources for campaign work
In Today's Paper
Should Congress enact a federal media shield law?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm