New Gary school Superintendent Cheryl Pruitt is building partnerships with local universities and businesses. This can only benefit the district and its students.
Thursday's vote to approve the controversial school voucher legislation, along with other education reforms and the decision to fully fund full-day kindergarten, means the Republican experiment officially has begun.
Follow The Times
You work hard for all you have. A comfortable home. A car that…
Up to $160 when you make the purchase on the Goodyear Credit C…
Our mission is to help people manage the risks of everyday lif…
If you clicked on this, you probably have a house that you are…
Mobile Users – Click to Call: (219) 996-2981
- 1 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
- 4 Hammond man killed at party early Sunday
- 5 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
Do you cooperate with colleagues across the state line when working on a major regional project?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm