Winter Weather Advisory
A winter storm was expected to continue to bring snow into the Chicago area until Wednesday morning.
The region's first snowfall of the season is expected to dial down by the end of Friday, bringing lower temperatures, forceful winds and a chance of more snow Saturday, forecasters predict.
Up to 5 inches of snow were expected by this morning in the Chicago area and Northwest Indiana, with 6 inches or more forecast for areas to the south.
High winds forecast for Sunday will whip snow and bitterly cold air through the Calumet Region, putting Northwest Indiana under a winter storm warning and a lakeshore flood warning.
The snow that began falling in the early morning hours caused numerous crashes, slide offs and spin outs on area roads Saturday, but police reported no major accidents.
Follow The Times
Lawn Doctor’s Maintainer Care is designed to protect trees (le…
Move into an Olthof Homes community today!
Mattresses Plus Featuring Sunrise Fireworks has proudly served…
$3 off- Buy one meal and get $3 off the purchase of a second m…
- 1 Roof blows off LOFS house, vehicles overturn during storm
- 2 Residents, officials surveying damage in wake of Wednesday night storms
- 3 Paula Cooper: Convicted of murder at 15, a Gary woman prepares for her 2013 release
- 4 Gary woman sentenced to die at 16 to be released from prison
- 5 Woman fatally stabbed in C.P. domestic dispute
Should Lake County have continued to pursue the trash-to-ethanol proposal?
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2011-12 Edition)June 17, 2013 5:06 pm
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Quebec, waiting out the rainJune 12, 2013 8:52 pm
- LIVE: RailCats hope to keep winning ways vs. QuebecJune 11, 2013 5:00 pm
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2012-13 edition)June 10, 2013 10:30 am