There is at least one group of people to whom this winter season’s relatively mild weather has been bad news — public works employees who are called upon to clear snow and de-ice the streets.
The Indiana Department of Transportation said Tuesday it has dispatched crews to ensure roadways and bridges are safe for travel in anticipation of snowfall.
Some of my best childhood memories happened on my little red-and-white skis, and I had decided probably before my kids could walk that it would be that way for them, too (whether they liked it or not).
One of the worst things a parent can see on the ski slopes — short of an injury — is the swelling of a tear underneath the layers of facemask, goggles and helmet. The problem isn't only that the little drop of water could freeze: It could be the moment your child is turned off from skiing or…
When a powerful blizzard ripped through North Dakota last winter, hundreds of drivers were stranded as white-out conditions shuttered interstates spanning the state. Snow whipped up by wind marred the lines between pavement and grassy drop-offs, leaving some scared motorists unsure what to do.
The Illinois Department of Public Health is encouraging residents to begin winter weather preparations this week, which is Winter Storm Preparedness Week in Illinois.
CHICAGO | After a stretch of cool weather, Chicagoans have been showing off their summer shoes for the past two weeks.
Another day, another blizzard. Here are 50 ways to spend a snow day.
LaPorte County on Tuesday still operating under a state of emergency to keep drivers off the roads and help snow plows make a dent in clearing drifts up to 6 feet high.
MINNEAPOLIS | Brett Favre is getting help from the Minnesota Vikings' medical staff, the athletic trainers and perhaps even the weather gods as he tries to keep his incredible consecutive starts record going.
Follow The Times
The NWI Times undercover shopper reports on local gold buying …
For nearly 60 years, Feikema Plumbing & Sanitation has bee…
at Arthur Murray Indiana Dance Studio. Contact us at: 219-738-9041
PLH Financial is locally owned and family operated.
Cover the cost of the tree removal and we will do $100 worth o…
- 1 Police investigating shooting outside North Hammond Walmart
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 4 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 5 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm