Madonna Thelen, floral manager of WiseWay Foods in Valparaiso, displays two of the more popular blooming plants for winter color, a bromeliad in foreground and a white azalea behind it.
The first official day of winter is still a month away. But the season is now in full swing for shorter days and less sunshine to herald the arrival of months of cold and colorless outside landscapes.
VALPARAISO | If you didn't get rid of all your old TVs, stereos or other recyclables during your spring cleaning, the city is co-sponsoring summer cleaning days for Friday and Saturday at Fairground Park.
Mitch Harris, produce manager for WiseWay Foods in Valparaiso on U.S. 30, says he can remember a time when customers only knew fresh cherries to be deep red, rather than any other color.
Local grocery store operators Melissa Diaz and Mark Musleh emphasize competitive pricing, community awareness and customer rapport at their establishments.
Follow The Times
FOR 10K-14K-18K PLATINUM Call 924-3555
Cover the cost of the tree removal and we will do $100 worth o…
- 1 Paula Cooper: Convicted of murder at 15, a Gary woman prepares for her 2013 release
- 2 Gary woman sentenced to die at 16 to be released from prison
- 3 Woman fatally stabbed in C.P. domestic dispute
- 4 Substance in Lake Michigan draws rangers, fire department to lakeshore
- 5 Lowell man critically injured in crash
Should Lake County have continued to pursue the trash-to-ethanol proposal?
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2011-12 Edition)June 17, 2013 5:06 pm
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Quebec, waiting out the rainJune 12, 2013 8:52 pm
- LIVE: RailCats hope to keep winning ways vs. QuebecJune 11, 2013 5:00 pm
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2012-13 edition)June 10, 2013 10:30 am