Search / Found (8)
HAMMOND | The “demand” for orders of protection in Lake County seemingly would be highest in Hammond, which is the county's largest city and also leads in domestic violence numbers, although Gary's statistics are incomplete because Gary does not participate in the county's data system. Gary …
Maybe there was nothing the courts and police could have done to avert the suspected domestic battery deaths of at least 22 region residents who have been killed since 2010.
CROWN POINT | Phyllis Roy believes her domestic battery case involved two assailants — her husband, who was convicted of the crime, and the legal system she says failed to protect her after the conviction.
Congress on Thursday passed a more ambitious version of the Violence Against Women Act, sending the measure to President Barack Obama, who said he would sign the bill "as soon as it hits my desk."
In a perfect world, students would graduate from high school certified either work-ready or college-ready.
The post hole Daniel Diaz and John Poole dug in the sandy, gravel-strewn curb at Indiana Dunes State Park was a smooth-sided work of landscape art, sunk to the proper depth and waiting for a post.
Younger workers are disproportionately affected by recessions and always have been, which gives economists insight into the long-term consequences of stumbling out of the gate into the job market, Don Coffin said.
Bad timing. Recent college graduates frequently hear that observation as they seek employment in a job market still reeling from the Great Recession.
Follow The Times
We will beat ANY deal! Visit www.circleautomotive.com for more…
Our mission is to help people manage the risks of everyday lif…
Need to settle an ESTATE? Call Bednar Auction Service for rea…
Whether you need plumbing repairs or kitchen and bathroom rem…
Starting at 6 weeks old, our infant rooms have been specially …
- 1 Roof blows off LOFS house, vehicles overturn during storm
- 2 Residents, officials surveying damage in wake of Wednesday night storms
- 3 Paula Cooper: Convicted of murder at 15, a Gary woman prepares for her 2013 release
- 4 Gary woman sentenced to die at 16 to be released from prison
- 5 Woman fatally stabbed in C.P. domestic dispute
Should Lake County have continued to pursue the trash-to-ethanol proposal?
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2011-12 Edition)June 17, 2013 5:06 pm
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Quebec, waiting out the rainJune 12, 2013 8:52 pm
- LIVE: RailCats hope to keep winning ways vs. QuebecJune 11, 2013 5:00 pm
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2012-13 edition)June 10, 2013 10:30 am