LaPorte County Fair
1. THROUGH JULY 14, LaPorte County Fairgrounds, 2581 W. State Road 2, La Porte. 219.362.2647. lpfair.com. With music, entertainment, food, livestock, a carnival, 4-H exhibits and much more, this annual county fair will offer something for everyone.
2. THROUGH AUG. 19, Whihala Beach, 1561 Park Road, Whiting. 866.WHOAZONE. whoazonewhihala.com. One of the largest water playgrounds in the Midwest returns to Lake Michigan with slides, monkey bars, half pipes and trampolines.
3. JULY 12-15, 6-11 p.m. Thursday, 5 p.m.-midnight Friday-Saturday, 12:30-9 p.m. Sunday, Nativity of Our Savior Parish, 2949 Willowcreek Road, Portage. 219.762.4858. nativityofoursavior.org. Four nights of live music, rides, food, casino games, rides, bingo, a beer tent, kids' games and more await attendees of this annual fest. Musical performances will include Overdue, Crawpuppies, Nawty and more.
St. John Festival
4. JULY 12-15, 5-11 p.m. Thursday, 5 p.m.-midnight Friday, 3 p.m.-midnight Saturday, 3-9 p.m. Sunday, St. John the Evangelist, 11301 W. 93rd Ave., St. John. 219.200.4076. stjohnfest.org. Each year this four-day festival offers carnival rides, live entertainment, local food vendors, games, a 5K family fun run, a beer garden, casino games, bingo and more.
Merrillville Greek Fest
5. JULY 13-15, SS Constantine and Helen Cathedral, 8000 Madison St., Merrillville. 219.769.2481. ssconstantineandhelen.org/greek-festival. Festivities at this 49th annual festival will include a kiddy carnival and games, Greek music, dancing, a beer garden, a marketplace and pastries.