The Gary Public Transportation Corp. will host five public sessions this month to discuss its bus services in Lake County. GPTC officials will be available to answer questions at these times and locations:
- 7:30 to 9 a.m., Feb. 7, Metro Center, 100 W. 4th Ave., Gary
- 7:30 to 9 a.m., Feb. 12, J’s Breakfast Club, 3669 Broadway, Gary
- 8:30 to 10 a.m., Feb. 19, Indiana University Northwest/Ivy Tech Arts and Sciences Lobby, 35th and Broadway, Gary
- 8 to 9:30 a.m., Feb. 22, Stella V.ie Cafe, 5246 Hohman Ave., Hammond
- 3 to 4:30 p.m., Feb. 28, Merrillville Town Hall, 7820 Broadway, Merrillville
You have free articles remaining.
GPTC recently began a new Merrillville shuttle service that extends its reach in that town. On Feb. 19, it's scheduled the start of the Broadway Metro Express, which will decrease travel times, add stops and provide more frequent service along Broadway, stretching to the Ivy Tech campus in Merrillville through a partnership with the community college. GPTC also offers service in Hammond.
The transit agency is also beginning use of a smart-phone app called Token Transit that allows riders to buy tickets through their phones.