Many of our Golden Times members enjoyed two wonderful outings in May and we look forward to the rest of the summer activities planned for our members.
We are, again, looking for our membership to help us out by filling three more seats on our board of directors. This position is a volunteer position. Please call Doc Rocoba for more information at (708) 474-7435. Also for those of you who have access to the internet you can reach us at GoldenTimesSeniors.com.
Upcoming events include:
- Tuesday: Pinochle at the Elks Lodge- on 45th Avenue in Highland. Call Doc at (708) 474-7435.
- Thursday: Join us for a day of golf at Indian Ridge in Hobart. Call: Doc at (708) 474-7435 for information. The cost is $20 per person including cart/lunch. The cost is $10 for lunch only.
- June 28: Shipshewana Flea Market. The cost is $29 for transportation only. Call Pat Weis at (219) 838-0032.
- July 21: annual Wicker Park Picnic. The cost is $11 per person. Tickets are available at First Merchants Banks, both on 45th Avenue in Highland/Munster or you may call Pat Dunham at (219) 988-3689. Make checks payable to Golden Times. No tickets sold day of the picnic.
- Aug. 8-9: Grand Rapids, Michigan trip. Call (219) 322-8042. This is a custom tour hosted by Fritzie. The trip includes highlights of this beautiful city in Michigan. The cost is $169 per person/double occupancy. Tour leaves from Wendy's on Kennedy Avenue in Hammond.
- Sept 14-18: Trip titled Chattanooga ChooChoo is to Chattanooga, Tennessee. The cost is $729 per person/double occupancy. Call Barb J. at (219) 844-1090. Tour leaves from Wendy's on Kennedy Avenue, Hammond. Enjoy three different train rides, paddleboat luncheon cruise, Nashville nightlife and much more. Reservations taken until July 20.
To become a member of Golden Times, you must be 55 years of age. Call Pat Perry at (219) 696-7078 or mail your $5 yearly fee to her at 9204 W. 190th Ave., Lowell, IN 46356. Make check payable to: Golden Times and include your name/address/phone/city/state/zip code/date of birth and emergency number.
We welcome your email address if you wish to share it. The website address is GoldenTimesSeniors.com