Our motor coach trip to the Lyric Opera House to see "My Fair Lady" was a huge success. There were two buses carrying 110 seniors to Chicago for the musical.
Thanks to Pat Perry, Pat Holman and Karen Vondrak, who counted heads, passed out tickets and made sure we didn't lose anyone. My thanks also to Yvonne who escorted the second coach on her own and the seniors who attend our trips.
We are adding a few new trips for the fall. Be sure to check the Times articles and our website for all the news. Our Golden Times membership is now at 660. Thanks to all of you and to our board members. If you are interested in becoming a board member, contact our president Dr. Richard Rucoba.
Note: Seniors who are going to Bettendorf, Iowa, on June 21-23 will be meeting at 1 p.m. June 7 at Towne Centre to collect travel information. Documents will not be mailed.
• June 13: Trip to Shipshewana. Cost is $30. Call Pat Weis at 219-838-0032.
• Tuesdays, June 13 and 20: Pinochle sessions at the Elks on 45th Street, Highland. Call Yvonne at 219-808-1517 or Doc at 708-474-7435.
• July 12: Trip to LaSalle, Illinois. This will be an old-fashioned mule-pulled boat trip. Call Fritzie at 219-322-8042. Includes coach, lunch and wine tasting at August Hill Winery.
• July 13: Bocce Ball for All. Cost is $7 per person. Lunch is on your own at Lansing Country Club. Fun begins at 11:15 a.m. Call Yvonne at 219-808-1517 or Doc at 708-474-7435.
• July 20: Golden Times Picnic at 11 a.m. at Wicker Park. There will be no tickets sold the day of picnic. Tickets are $11 per person and are on sale at First Merchant Bank on 45th Street, Munster. Checks only payable to Golden Times, and include member number on check. Call Pat Dunham for more information by July 17.
• Aug 10: "The Tin Woman" at the Theatre at the Center in Munster. Tickets are $32 per person. Show is at 2 p.m. Please purchase tickets by July 20. Checks are needed by July 14 and should be made payable to Golden Times. Call Judy at 219-365-5150.
• Aug. 24: Annual Card/Bunco Party. Cost is $25. Event is limited to 100 members. This year the party will be at Theo's Restaurant, 9144 Indianapolis Blvd. Call Yvonne at 219-808-1517 or Karen Vondrak at 219-365-3733 for more information. Choice of perch or chicken must be made at time of reservation. Doors open at 11 a.m. Make check payable to Golden Times, and include member number on check.
• There is still room on the Door County trip on Oct. 18. Call Fritzie at 219-322-8042
• Oct. 5-8: Kentucky Mountains, Music & Moonshine trip. Call Barb at 219-844-1090.
To become a member of Golden Times, call Pat Perry at 219-696-7078 or mail your $7 yearly dues to Pat at 9204 W. 190th St., Lowell, IN 46356. Checks are made payable to Golden Times. Include name/address/date of birth/city, state and zip/home and cell phone/emergency number.