{{featured_button_text}}
Portage fire stock

Portage Fire Department turnout gear ready for use.

PORTAGE — Police believe a cellphone charging cord was responsible for touching off a small fire Tuesday night in a mobile home at Camelot Manor on the city's southwest side.

The fire, which was reported shortly before 7 p.m., was contained to a bed in the mobile home, said Assistant Portage Fire Chief Tim Sosby.

No one was injured, but the fire left smoke damage in the home, he said.

Sign up for our Crime & Courts newsletter

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.
0
1
1
2
0

Porter/LaPorte County Courts and Social Justice Reporter

Bob is a 23-year veteran of The Times. He covers county government and courts in Porter County, federal courts, police news and regional issues. He also created the Vegan in the Region blog, is an Indiana University grad and lifelong region resident.