Skip to main content
You are the owner of this article.
You have permission to edit this article.
Edit
Overdose caused death of man found in garbage can, officials say
urgent

Overdose caused death of man found in garbage can, officials say

From the ICYMI: Here are the most-read stories from the past week series
police crime stock file art yellow tape

GARY — A man whose body was found inside a garbage can in May died of an overdose, according to the Lake County coroner's office. 

Marvil Johnson, 28, of Merrillville, died from toxic effects of fentanyl and cocaine overdose, officials said.

His manner of death remained undetermined, according to the coroner's office.

Johnson's body was found about 10 a.m. May 21 by a resident in the 800 block of Martin Luther King Drive in Gary, police said.

Join Tristan DeFord, Jami Rieck, and Nancy Zakutanksky on a shift working for Superior Ambulance in Merrillville.

The resident told police the garbage can had mysteriously appeared in the back alley of his residence.

When the man looked inside the can, he saw a deceased man inside, police said.

Anyone with information about Johnson's death is asked to call detectives at the Lake County/Gary Metro Homicide Unit at 219-755-3855. To remain anonymous, call 866-CRIME-GP.

0
1
0
1
0

Sign up for our Crime & Courts newsletter

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.

Related to this story

Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device.

Topics

News Alerts

Breaking News

Crime

Entertainment & Dining

Latest News

Local Sports

NWI Prep Sport News

Weather Alerts