MERRILLVILLE | American Red Cross blood and platelet donors can now help save lives in less time by using the new Red Cross RapidPass online health history system.
RapidPass streamlines the donation experience by allowing donors to complete pre-donation reading and health history questions online from the convenience of a computer at home or work, and is expected to reduce the time donors with a RapidPass spend at blood drives by up to 15 minutes.
To get a RapidPass on the day of a blood donation, donors should visit redcrossblood.org/rapidpass, complete all of the questions, then print their RapidPass or show it on a mobile device when they come to donate.
Though an appointment isn’t needed to use RapidPass, donors are encouraged to make an appointment by using the Blood Donor App, visiting redcrossblood.org or calling (800) RED CROSS to further expedite their donation.
The Merrillville Donor Center, 791 E. 83rd Ave., is also open noon to 5 p.m. Mondays and 8 a.m. to noon the first and third Saturday of every month.
Upcoming blood donation opportunities in Northwest Indiana:
- Noon to 5 p.m. Monday at Calvary Church, 1325 E. Evans St., Valparaiso
- 2:30 to 6:30 p.m. Monday at Masonic Lodge 595, 911 W. Chicago Ave., East Chicago
- Noon to 6 p.m. Tuesday at St. John United Church of Christ, 101 St. John Road, Michigan City
- 1:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at Highland Parks & Recreation Center, 2450 Lincoln St., Highland
- 2 to 8 p.m. Tuesday at Franciscan Omni Health & Fitness Chesterton, 810 Michael Drive, Chesterton
- 12:30 to 6:30 p.m. Thursday at St. Matthias Church Hall, 101 Burrell Drive, Crown Point
- 2 to 7 p.m. Thursday at St. Mary Church, 402 E. Indiana Ave., Kouts
- 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Nov. 7, American Legion Post, 11712 N. 50 West, Wheatfield
- 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Nov. 7 at Walmart, 2400 Morthland Drive, Valparaiso
- 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Nov. 8 at American Legion Post 279, 6601 Old Hobart Road, Gary
- Noon to 5 p.m. Nov. 9 at Indiana University Northwest, 3400 Broadway, Gary
- Noon to 6 p.m. Nov. 9 at First Church of God, 2020 E. Lincolnway, La Porte
- 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Nov. 10 at Midwest Warehousing Company, 3999 Hupp Road, Building R-5-2, Kingsbury
- 2 to 7 p.m. Nov. 10 at The Gathering Place, 131 N. Main St., Hebron
- 2:30 to 6:30 p.m. Nov. 10, Knights of Columbus Hall, 13039 U.S. 41, Cedar Lake
- 1 to 5 p.m. Nov. 11 at St. John Bosco Church, 7113 Columbia Ave., Hammond
- 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Nov. 12 at Library Student Faculty Building, 1401 S. U.S. 421, Westville
- 2 to 7 p.m. Nov. 12 at Central Elementary School, 2825 Russell St., Portage
- 1:30 to 6 p.m. Nov. 13 at Kentland Community Center, 401 N. Fourth St., Kentland