CROWN POINT — The Board of School Trustees recently announced the Teacher of the Year and Employee of the Year winners.
There were outstanding teachers and employees nominated for this prestigious award, and the winners and finalists are a true representation of the dedicated staff at Crown Point Community Schools.
Kathy Midkiff, who teaches at Jerry Ross Elementary School, was named the Elementary Teacher of the Year, while Jerome Flewelling, who teaches at Crown Point High School, was named the Secondary Teacher of the Year.
The Employee of the Year winner was Shari Hodorowicz, who works at Eisenhower Elementary School.
The Teacher of the Year finalists were:
- Clint Swan, Vince Lewis and Jason McGee, Crown Point High School
- Brian McClanahan, Taft Middle School
- Melanie Pociask, Lake Street Elementary School
- Alycia Graczyk, Douglas MacArthur Elementary School
- Kathleen Sletto, Solon Robinson Elementary School
- Becky Decker, Timothy Ball Elementary School
- Amanda Kosiba, Winfield Elementary School
The Employee of the Year finalists were:
- Darlene Derwinski, Timothy Ball Elementary School
- Jenny Lee, Winfield Elementary School
- Carol Lawson, Jerry Ross Elementary School
- Kim Doolin, Col. John Wheeler Middle School