HAMMOND — Purdue University Calumet will join other Purday campuses on holiday recess Thursday through Jan. 3.
Aside from essential campus services, university offices and facilities will be closed. Exceptions are as follows:
• Student registration for the spring semester will continue online at webs.purduecal.edu/.
• The Fitness Center will be open with an abbreviated schedule: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturdays, Dec. 26 and Jan. 2; noon to 5 p.m. Sundays, Dec. 27 and Jan. 3; and 5:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Dec. 28, 29 and 30. Call (219) 989-2175.
• To accommodate year-end gifts to the university, the Office of Institutional Advancement (Lawshe Hall, Room 322) will be open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Dec. 30.The office also will be accessible by phone throughout the recess at (219) 989-2323. To make an online gift, access the “Giving” button in the upper right hand corner of http://webs.purduecal.edu/giving/.
• The front desk of each University Village student housing facility, Peregrine Hall and Griffin Hall, will be staffed 24/7 throughout the recess. Call (219) 989-4150.
• The PUC men’s basketball team will host Marygrove College at 7 p.m., Dec. 30 in the Fitness & Recreation Center.
PUC will reopen for regularly scheduled activities Jan. 4. Spring semester classes begin Jan. 11.