GARY — The Urban League of Northwest Indiana hosts its annual Diversity Awards Luncheon Thursday at Avalon Manor, 3550 E. U.S. 30, Hobart.
Awards will be presented to businesses and organizations throughout Lake, Porter and LaPorte counties that embrace and celebrate inclusion and participation of a diverse people in the workforce.
Recognition will be given for outstanding performance in one or all of the following six categories:
- Community Award: Presented to an organization or group that actively supports activities and services which engage diverse citizens and develops opportunities for inclusion.
- Leadership Award: Presented to an organization that promotes diversity and inclusion on a local and regional level.
- Workforce Diversity Award: Presented to an organization that implements innovative strategies to attract, select, promote and maintain a more diverse and inclusive workforce.
- Moving the Needle Award: Presented to nominees with exceptional effort in all above three categories.
- Youth Award: Presented to an organization or group which involves and engages youth in activities that promote diversity and inclusion.
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Presented to one individual or organization for outstanding vision, dedication and lifelong commitment to advance diversity and inclusion.
Sponsorship and ticket information is available on the Urban League's website www.ulofnwi.org. Payments can be made online at that address.
For more information, call the Urban League office at 219-887-9621.