Sessions in even-numbered years originally were intended to address only emergency state needs. But now lawmakers consider legislation relating to pretty much any issue during the "short session."
COMMENTARY: How do you process so much hate and carnage?
The Biden-Harris administration and Democrats in Congress have been on a spending spree. Their $1.9 trillion stimulus package has given us inflation numbers not seen since 2008, essentially creating a hidden tax on American families. It’s one of the many reasons I opposed the partisan stimul…
This year Father's Day falls on what would have been my dad's 78th birthday.
This week's fatal crash during a police pursuit that began in Dyer highlights both the dangers of being a police officer and a need for departments to evaluate their policies when it comes to such pursuits.
TikTok to those of a certain age or the uninitiated is often thought of as an app where kids do dances and make funny videos.
Third District Councilman Andrew Kyres participated in National Bike to Work Day on May 21.
The impending economic boom looks to be big. The pent-up demand and frustration that Americans possess after having been locked up by their own leaders is palpable.
News outlets are reporting that several U.S. senators are getting up and leaving the proceedings while the house managers are presenting evidence at the impeachment trial of Donald J. Trump for his conduct of inciting the mob that overran the Capitol.
In 2016 President Obama, observing the pandemics raging elsewhere in the world, established a science-oriented team to study pandemics and develop a course of action for the USA should a pandemic occur here. In 2018, President Trump abolished that team, discarded their efforts, and declared …
Since 1976, when President Gerald Ford designated February as Black History Month saying Americans should “seize the opportunity to honor the too-often neglected accomplishments of black Americans in every area of endeavor throughout our history,” every U.S. president has designated February…
The inauguration is over and nothing bad happened.
Take a moment to think about your favorite childhood memory and the sights and smells, the people who are with you and the way it makes you feel.
Stan Kroenke, the trash-talking man St. Louisans love to hate, is under increasing pressure to settle the court case over the Ram's 2016 move.
From the Wisconsin State Journal editorial board: "Vigilantes carrying rifles in the streets won't make our society safer."
From the St. Louis Post-Dispatch editorial board: "The vigilante community across America must be jubilant."
The NFL’s team owners, a band of billionaire brothers, are getting nervous as the St. Louis lawsuit over the Rams’ relocation forces them to make some very uncomfortable decisions on financial disclosure. Ben Frederickson joins Tod Robberson to discuss the issue. Video by Chris Drury/Post-Dispatch
A week after the murder of George Floyd, Richmond police tear-gassed peaceful protesters at the Robert E. Lee monument.
Richard Alley, a professor of geosciences at Penn State University, joins host Lawrence Eppard to help us understand the collapse of the Conger Ice Shelf in East Antarctica and its implications. Plus: Climate Investing with Zach Stein from the Carbon Collective!
Members of the Porter County Plan Commission ignored the wishes of hundreds of residents when they voted April 27 to recommend the rezone of 80 acres in Washington Township from rural residential to R2.
Approximately 11% of all Lake County, Indiana voters went to the primaries. For the other 89%, think about this: You just gave up your logical right to complain and be heard.
The recent pandemic and climate change are two great examples of politicians from both sides of the aisle either fully endorsing the science to push their agenda or, conversely, completely discounting it to push an opposing agenda.
Something really egregious happened when Justice Alito's draft was leaked regarding Roe v Wade. There has been no vote, but already the activists have threatened intimidation and violence. The violence is already beginning.