Gov. Eric Holcomb last week announced he’s ending his weekly COVID-19 news conferences that thousands of Hoosiers regularly tuned in at 1:30 p.m. Region time every Wednesday for the past year.
More than 100,000 Hoosiers signed up Wednesday for an appointment to receive the COVID-19 vaccine after Indiana opened vaccine eligibility to any person age 16 and up.
Appointments to receive the free immunization must be made online at ourshot.in.gov, or by calling 211.
“Even though many of our metrics have improved significantly, now is not the time to abandon the protections that we have put in place," said Dr. Kristina Box, the state health commissioner.
The Hoosier State will not be distributing the COVID-19 vaccine to workers in specific occupations, such as teachers, at any point in the near future.
All Hoosiers age 80 and older can begin making appointments Friday to receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
State restrictions on business operations, Indiana's face mask directive, and all of the governor's other COVID-19 prevention measures and guidelines will remain in effect until at least Jan. 24.
Gov. Eric Holcomb is temporarily suspending all non-emergency, inpatient surgeries at Indiana hospitals after proclaiming Wednesday the Hoosier State "is on fire" with COVID-19 cases.
Porter County is enacting new restrictions on business operations in an effort to halt and reverse the ongoing surge of COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations and deaths.
Public Health Order 2 was revised Friday to permit Lake County eateries currently offering drive-thru service to remain open between midnight and 5 a.m. to serve only drive-thru customers.
Gov. Eric Holcomb signed an executive order Tuesday extending Indiana's public health emergency due to the COVID-19 pandemic until at least Dec. 31.
Two organizations that usually take very different positions on Indiana public policy issues are coming together to urge Hoosiers to redouble their efforts to limit the spread of COVID-19.
The state health commissioner is recommending Hoosiers not host or attend large Thanksgiving gatherings next week and instead celebrate the holiday only with those already living in their household.
Gov. Eric Holcomb issued an executive order Friday detailing the guidelines Hoosiers are expected to follow to help stem the latest surge in COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations.
The governor said in all counties businesses open to the public soon will be directed to post signs on their doors informing customers and employees face masks must be worn on the premises.
Gov. Eric Holcomb is emphatically rejecting rumors that suggest he's preparing to shut down Hoosier businesses and Indiana schools in response to surging COVID-19 case counts.
Gov. Eric Holcomb is deploying members of the Indiana National Guard to nursing homes and other long-term care facilities across the state next month to help combat the coronavirus.
Dr. Kristina Box, the state health commissioner, confirmed Wednesday she has tested positive for COVID-19.
The Region saw four new COVID-19 deaths — all from LaPorte County — and 109 additional cases, on Friday, according to updated statistics by the ISDH and local health departments.
Indiana is requiring Hoosiers to wear face masks in all public places beginning Monday.